Exciting new features for the Civil design professional!
Bentley has released MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) and it’s now available for download. If you decide to install SS3, review Bentley’s readme for installation instructions and detailed information about installing with previous versions.
Some enhancements and new features of particular interest to Civil professionals include:
Terrain model support
- Visualize and analyze Bentley terrain model and LandXML files
- Annotate terrain model features directly in MicroStation
- Use Thematic Display Styles for terrain mapping and analysis including review of height, slope, aspect angle and hill shading
3D Modeling Enhancements
- Add trees, cars, light poles, etc. quickly and easily to 3D models
- Utilize built-in libraries of high quality models and materials including vehicles for roads and parking lots
- Add 2D pavement markings to 3D models with geometry stamping
- Link construction documentation, specifications, etc. to 3D “Hypermodels”
- Create traffic animations with a streamlined workflow
- Navigate models with touch screen controls
- Use and share information created with Autodesk 2012
- Take advantage of shapefile (.SHP) symbology control improvements
- Utilize the free Bentley DGN Reader for Windows 7 to search and preview DGN files from Outlook or Windows Explorer
- Utilize the free plug-in for Adobe Reader for i-Model support
Plus numerous Visualization enhancements!
For information on these features and more, check out the MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) overview on Bentley’s website here
Watch for more information and tips on MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) from Civil CAD Consultant in the days to come!